Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Time for an update

I've left this blog alone for far too long, and it's time for an update.  I'm also decided to change the focus a bit.  Instead of the fairly innocuous tails of cycling exploits (they'll still show up from time to time), I'm going to focus a bit more on what is going on in the world, and how that should probably change.  Now, before you get your wand in a knot, I don't mean change to make me happy, I mean change to make the world a better place.  Many of these ideas and topics won't be very popular, and may make you uncomfortable; tough shit.  Doing the right thing often means rocking the boat.

So I'll not only be pointing out problems, but also offering solutions.  Otherwise, it's just a bunch of whinging, and I really can't stand that.  There will also be considerable "speaking truth to power", hence the name change and change in focus.  The big thing is that I want folks to actually think, not just react to the world around them.  If you're lazy of mind and/or body, expect to get upset if you decide to keep reading (this sentence also works in reverse).  Remember, disagreement often leads to progress; surrounding yourself with "yes men" and barking into the echo-chamber that is social media does not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment